Chauncey Greene Olinger, Jr.: Former Naval Officer, Philosophy Instructor, retired American investment company executive; editorial consultant; retired Certified Financial Planner. Recipient Conspicuous Alumni Service Medal, Columbia University, 1980; Service, Loyalty and Dedication Award, Graduate Faculties Alumni of Columbia University, 1988; University Seminars Tannenbaum-Warner Award, 2015.
Bachelor of Arts with Honors - Philosophy - University Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia - 1955.
Master of Arts (philosophy), Columbia University, New York, 1971.
- Lieutenant (jg) United States Navy, 1955-1958.
- Coadjutant in Philosophy, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1968—1972.
- President, New York World Federalists, United States of America, New York City, 1970.
- Director, subcommittee of United States Secretary of State Advisory Committee on the 1972 United National Conference on the Human Environment, Department of State, Washington, 1972.
- Editorial consultant, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University, New York City, 1973—1982. Editor, President, Metropolitan Research Company, New York City, 1982—1991. Investment Executive: First Albany, 1991—1992, Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, New York City, 1992—2009.
- Secretary, University Seminar on the Nature of Man, New York City, 1968—1972, member, Committee to Increase Corporate Philanthropic Giving, 1980—1983;
- founder, co-chairman University Seminar on the History of Columbia University, since 2005.
- Certified Financial Planner, 1994-2009.
President, Fellowship of Young Churchmen, Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia, 1950-1952. Trustee, Cathedral Church St. John the Divine, 1988. National Chairman, Coalition to Stop SST Environmental Damage, New York, 1975-1978.
Non-governmental organization representative, Friends of Earth at United Nations, 1977-1986. Public Member, Human Rights in Research Committee, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, 1975-1980. President, Graduate Faculties Alumni, Columbia University, New York, 1977-1981; President, Columbia University Student Council. New York 1963-1964.
Board of Directors: Bar Harbor (Maine) Festival, 1969-1974, Bloomingdale House of Music, New York City, 1976-1981. Member, American Philosophical Association, National Institute of Social Sciences (Director 1988-1992; President from 2006 - 2017), Finance Planning Association, Pilgrims of the United States, American Society Most Venerable Order of Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem, St. Andrew's Society of the State of New York (Secretary 1991-1995), St. George's Society New York, Century Association, Emeritus Professors in Columbia (Associate Member), The Church Club of New York (Vice President 1985-1986, 88-89, 96-97, President 1997-2000, Trustee 1983-1989, 93-2000, 2001-2004), Laymen's Club of the Cathedral of St. John the Divine (President 1988, Governor 1982-2006, 1st Vice President 2004-2006), Center for United Nations Reform Education (board directors).
Reading, writing, walking, theater, ballet, sculpture.
Married Carla R. Dragan, May 30, 1981.
- Chauncey Greene Olinger
- Cora Blount (Urquhart) Olinger
- Carla R. Dragan
Last updated July 8, 2021