- AB Harvard College, 1966 magna cum laude
- MD Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1970
- MPH (Epidemiology), Columbia University School of Public Health, 1977
- MA Political Science (Geography), Columbia University
- Residency in Medicine, Harlem Hospital Center
- Residency in Neurology, Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
Stephen Shafer retired in 2010 as Clinical Professor of Neurology from the Harlem Hospital Center. His current interests are environmental justice and soil health.
Last updated August 18, 2020